Friday 2 November 2012

To Salad or not to Salad? That is the question

After a short hiatus, I'm back to blogging. The last two weeks have been the hardest in terms of persevering with wheat-free & dairy-free food choices, mainly due to my lack of motivation so I'll keep this entry short and sweet. I have found myself leaning towards easy, quick food choices rather than the healthy option:
Cupcakes or Salad-Hmmmm
Thankfully, I'm back on track now and feeling much more positive. We had a visit from a very kind aunty, who baked a fabulously light and damn tasty, gluten-free sponge cake. She also showed me a book by Darina Allen: Healthy Gluten Free Living which has a breakdown of recipes designated for each meal. These recipes guide the reader through the creation of simple, everyday meals.

On the vegetable front, aubergines have been incorporated into my weekly shop. I love roasted vegetables and have realised that aubergine is a lovely accompaniment to the usual selection of: carrots, peppers, onions and parsnips. We've also started cooking spaghetti based dishes using Kelkin gluten-free spaghetti. This allows for delicious dinners such as meatballs in tomato sauce and bacon in a carbonara sauce.

On my most recent trip to Tesco, I noticed that they stock pizza bases in their wheat-free aisle. This has given me the idea to make pizzas with a tomato puree base and perhaps some goats cheese, rocket, salami etc. Pictures and more recipe ideas to follow soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment